Get kids excited about math with this fun hands-on collaborative project. Typically done during a Family Math Night event, this project can also be done in the classroom. The best part is, each person is individually represented in the final product!
Participants will use colorful pom-poms to plot coordinates on the coordinate grid. As the points are plotted a mystery picture will begin to be revealed.
- list of materials needed
- mathematical background
- artistic background
- mathematical vocabulary
- Pom-pom Pointillism Collaborative Project table tent
- Project A, Project B, and Project C table tents
- Salt Dough Tessellations Recipe
- Project A activity cards
- Project B activity cards
- Project C activity cards
- Beginning, Intermediate, and Advanced table tents
- Pom-pom Pointillism Plotting Points table tent
- templates for the Big Dipper and Lion constellations
- link to the video version of the lesson